Fan Geysers are used in single player stage battles and online multiplayer battles to accumulate Fans. Finding a neutral Fan Geyser during a stage battle and playing the Fan Tribute guitar solo will cap it with a merch booth.
In both single and multiplayer, avatars cannot directly attack Merch Booths, Fan Leeches, or Megastages. In-game this is shown by Fans pushing the player back when trying to attack, however the player's units are not affected when attacking these structures. However, one can indirectly attack them by double teaming with units.
- Green Fans: This is a neutral geyser that can be claimed by playing the Fan Tribute solo.
- Red Fans: The player's enemies are near the geyser and distracting the fans from being won over. All of the nearby enemies must be killed to turn it into a neutral geyser.
Ironheade first discovers the power of the Fans during "Battle for Bladehenge", after Eddie Riggs and Mangus set up the Megastage in Bladehenge. Eddie recognises them as fans, saying that they need merchandise. Lita explains that the Fans are a subterranean race harnessed by the Titans to power their whole civilisation.
- The geysers can be interacted with outside of Stage Battles in the campaign, with Eddie saying the following as he is yelling down the geyser:
- "Hey, can you hear me down there, fans?"
- "Hope to see you at the next show!"
- "Just remember who your favorite band is. IRONHEADE!"
- "Working on some new t-shirts for you guys."
- "You guys are what it's all about!"