The Hearse is available to Drowning Doom players in multiplayer stage battles. Because the Hearse only appears in multiplayer, where all players can fly at great speeds, and because it cannot be upgraded or armed, it isn't particularly useful for transportation. It can still be used however, to shield the player from damage, run down enemies, or escape if affected by the Anvil of Burden.
Here is a list of some of the unique characteristics and aesthetics of the Hearse:
- Rear fins that look like they are made of black tears.
- A frame for a license plate in the rear (and the ONLY player-summoned vehicle to feature this).
- A skull on the front of the engine block (that peeks out of the hood).
- Quad headlights (two on each side).
- The "Landau Bars", which are the "S"-shaped decorations that are also featured on Real-World Hearses.
- Organ pipe style exhaust that comes out of the engine.
- White walled wheels.
- In Drowning Doom mirror matches in multiplayer, The Hearse that is controlled by the player will be ALL purple. and the flames will be all but invisible save for the outlines, which give the flames a ghost look (no pun intended).