Eddie's battleaxe is found in the Temple of Ormagöden, during the mission "Welcome to the Age of Metal". It is first seen being worshipped by Druids, who attack him. Upon being attacked, Eddie pulls the axe out of the ground, and proceeds to slaughter the aggressors. During his escape from the temple, he clashes blades with Ophelia, who tells Eddie that she has come for the axe as well. He explains that "it was just sitting there", and that using it was simply self-defence.
|The Season of Pain is upon us....|
This article contains spoilers for Brütal Legend. Click here to reveal them.
From that point onward, it remains on Eddie's person for most of the game, only ever taking it off to make out with Ophelia under the Iron Cross.Unbeknownst to Eddie Riggs, The Separator once belonged to Succoria, former Empress of the Tainted Coil. Doviculus informs him of this during the mission Abomination Overdrive, saying "You're wielding her axe!"
Axe Treatments Edit
- Main article: Axe Treatments
- Razor's Edge
- Eternal Fire
- Chain Lightning
- Soul Sucking
- Black Tear
- Steel-Quilled (Obtained by completing the Overslaughter saga)
- Blade of Ormagöden ("Tears of the Hextadon" Downloadable content)
- The Separator features "Hot Rod"-style flames on the flat surfaces of the head.
- The Separators' silhouette is seen spinning clockwise on all of the loading screens.
- The Separators' default skin is replaced with the Blade of Ormagöden if the player has the "Tears of the Hextadon" DLC installed, which the DLC is included with the PC version.